Allt Lorgy Restoration Project
This is the link to the video.
River Calder Restoration 2020
This is the link to the video.
The Invertebrate fauna of the River Spey – Craig Macadam
Spey Fishery Board Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
Spey Fishery Board Accounts
Spey Fishery Board Briefings
The below briefings have been produced by the Spey Fishery Board on the following topics:
Briefing on “Juvenile fish stocks in the River” can be viewed here.
Briefing on “Why and how the Spey Fishery Board do electro-fishing” can be viewed here.
Briefing on “Stocking and the use of hatcheries” can be viewed here.
A letter from SEPA, which acknowledges their appreciation for the Spey Fishery Boards’ electro-fishing can be found here.
Spey Fishery Board Broodstock Licence Application 2018
The papers which were submitted for the Spey Fishery Board Broodstock Licence 2018 can be found below:
The 2018 Broodstock Capture Licence Application and initial responses from SNH and Marine Scotland Science can be viewed here.
The formal SNH response in early October by way of advice to Marine Scotland Science, in the form of an extensive Habitats Regulations Appraisal and Appropriate Assessment can be viewed here.
The rejection of our 2018 Broodstock Capture Licence Application and Revised Application for a reduced quantity of broodstock can be viewed here.
Spey Fishery Board Meeting Papers 16th July 2018
The Spey Fishery Board held an Extraordinary Meeting on Monday 16th July to discuss a proposal from Tulchan Estate to re-open their hatchery to rear salmon smolts. This had been accompanied by a supporting petition which had been signed by the majority of the Ghillies. The Board’s decision that it could not proceed with the proposal, together with the launch of a new Action Plan outlining the initiatives it would be taking forwards, were subsequently presented to a meeting of Proprietors and Ghillies on Thursday 19th July 2018.
The papers which had been sent to the Board, together with the new Action Plan and the presentations made on 19th July can be found below:
River Spey Catches by River Reach 2012 – 2016 Report here.
Each year the Board publishes a comprehensive Annual Report which outlines all the activities undertaken by the Board and the Research Trust. The most recent Annual Reports can be downloaded below:
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual report
- 2012 Annual report
- 2011 Annual report
- 2010 Annual report
- 2009 Annual report
- 2008 Annual report
- 2007 Annual report
- 2006 Annual report
- 2005 Annual report
- 2004 Annual report
SPEY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
- Minute of the Spey Fishery Board Meeting 7th February 2020
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 22nd November 2019
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 16th August 2019
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 17th May 2019
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 8th February 2019
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 22nd November 2018
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 17th August 2018
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 18th May 2018
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 9th February 2018
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 24th November 2017
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 18th August 2017
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 19th May 2017
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 10th February 2017
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 15th November 2016
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 11th August 2016
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 13th May 2016
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 19th February 2016
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 20th November 2015
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 28th August 2015
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 22nd May 2015
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 13th February 2015
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 21st November 2014
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 15th August 2014
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 16th May 2014
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board AGM 14th February 2014
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 14th February 2014
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 18th September 2013 & Note of Stocking Sub Committee
- Minute of Spey Fishery Board Meeting 5th December 2013
The Spey Fishery Board and Spey Foundation also publish Briefings to outline their work on current projects and topics of general interest. These can be downloaded below:
- September – 2017 Pacific Pink Salmon Update
- July – 2017 Spey Join Armadale Tracking Project
- May – 2017 Smolt Run well underway!
- February – 2017 Rods bend on the first day of the Season
- September – 2016 Spey’s Best Spring Catch since 2008!
- July – 2016 – 2016 Smolt Trapping Season Results
- May – 2016 – Official re-classification of Spey Dam as a “barrier”
- February – 2016 – High Hopes for a Successful Season!
- September – 2015 – Salmon and Grilse Catches February to June 2015
- June – 2015 Vote to Save Our Salmon
- May – 2015 Pupils hooked on Salmon Project
- February – 2015 Salmon Season Opening Day
- March – 2014 High Hopes for a Successful Season on the Spey!
- May – 2014 The Spey Fishery Board Appoint New Chairman
- July – 2014 Successful Smolt Trapping Season on the River Avon
- September – 2014 Salmon Return to the Glenbeg Burn
- February – 2013 Fishing Season Underway!
- April – 2013 Scottish Government Ministerial visit
- July – 2013 150th Anniversary Edition
- September – 2013 Rod Catches February – June
- July – The Salmon Genetic Analysis Project
- June – The Dalmore Spey Foundation Dram
- March – A New Season on the River Spey
- Spey Conservation Policies
- August – Protecting the River Spey
- July – Salmon Genetics Project
- May – Sea Trout Scales Point to Change
- April – Enhancing the Upper Sp
- October – Pauls Hill Wind Farm Monitoring Results
- June – Genetics Project Underway
- April – Hatchery and Stocking Update
- March – Outlook for 2009
- July – Controlling Ranunculus
- May – Moray Firth Sea Trout Project
- April – Paddlers: Guidance for Anglers
- February – New Season Opens
- November – Spey Catch 2007
- October – Vaki Counter Installed on R.Dullan
- September – Drop in Early Season Catch
- June – Habitat Improvements Protect Fish Stocks
- March – 2007 Season Opens
- December – Spey Salmon and Sea Trout Catch 2006
- October – Pupils Get to Grips with Salmon
- August – Smolt Trap Update
- April – What is a Spey Sea Trout
- February – CASS LIFE Project
- November – Salmon and Sea Trout Catch 2005
- October – Investigating Salmon Run-timing
- August – Moray Firth Seal Management Plan
- July – Alien Fish Establish in the Spey
- June – Measuring Smolt Numbers in the Spey
- May – Keep Gyrodactylus OUT
- February – Sea Trout Conservation
- December – Best Salmon Season since 1995
- September – Spring Runs Continue to Improve
- July – Improved Spring Salmon Runs
- May – Economic Value of Angling on the Spey
- March – Spey Catch 2003