Scotland’s Salmon Festival, the first of its kind, is taking place this year from 31st August to 5th September in Inverness. Scotland’s Salmon Festival aims to raise awareness of the Atlantic salmon and its cultural and economic importance in Scotland. Several events have been arranged:
- 31st August: A screening of ‘Salmon Fishing in the Yemen’ at Eden Court;
- 2nd September: A Salmon Film Festival at Eden Court;
- 3rd September: An evening of public lectures on ‘Salmon, Science and Society’ at Eden Court; See here for details.
- 4th September & 5th September: Alexander Grant Memorial Casting Competition at the River Ness and a Fair with Marine Harvest Theatre Kitchen and salmon BBQ at Bught Park; See here for details.
- 4th September: International Symposium on ‘Salmon, Science and Society at Inverness College Campus followed by a Symposium Buffet in the evening; See here for details, and
- 5th September: Student workshop on ‘Salmon, Science and Society’ at Inverness College Campus, followed by field trip to the Casting Competition Final. See here for details.
The Alexander Grant Memorial Casting Competition is free to spectators and the Bught Park Fair is open to the public and is also a free event. See attached poster for details here and also available on the Scotland Salmon Festival website here.